Monday, April 9, 2007

Tick tock...tick tock....

And so we wait...waiting for ovulation is like waiting for summer on a snowy day. It seems ions away! For the past year that I've charted my cycle, I discovered I usually ovulate around cd11 or 12. But of coarse all that changes when you're TTC (trying to concieve ~ that's for you, Deb!) :) This month since I'm on the 100 mg Clomid, I know that's what has ovulation delayed. Today is cd14 for me and I think I may be on the upside of my surge!! I tested at 11 am and got a faint line on the opk (ovulation predictor kit ~ again for you, Deb!) No smiley yet, so I'm being patient. I think it'll happen today. Now my nerves are getting on edge. I just want to time this perfectly. No mistakes. Using only one vial this time really puts pressure to pinpoint the timing! Whew, I'm sweating just talking about it!! We were going to do our AI at 24 hours post +opk, but now after extensive research all weekend online, I'm thinking we should do 18 hrs post +opk. ?? Also, the next question, do we do ICI or IUI?? Our specimen is IUI format, so we can technically do either. I know they have a shorter distance to go with IUI, and that's what we've done the previous 5 cycles. So many things to know....we'd better have a plan of action.

Other than watching the clock, nothing new today. Liam is home today...his last day of spring break! Some spring break...it's been a high of nothing more than 34* each day!!! He's not complaining though. So since he's home, I think I'll jump off here and go play a game with him!

Keep the prayers coming, PLEASE!!!! Tomorrow is the big day...I hope!! :)

1 comment:

battynurse said...

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!