Thursday, August 9, 2007

I'm finally back!!!











Hey Everyone! I'm so sorry I haven't posted on here in AGES. I just seen today that I had some new comments from my last post, which was so long ago! Thank you so much for all the great comments on the pics from Lake Erie! We actually took another trip back at the end of July to Lake Michigan and Crystal Lake. OMG, words cannot even describe how beautiful it was there. Jay had grown up there over many summers when she was young, and finally wanted to share this special place with someone...me and Liam! :) We only stayed 4 days, but the weather was perfect and we had the BEST time ever!!!! Liam LOVED it there and cried when we had to leave! We took him on 2 different sand dune buggy rides, which was pretty cool, and he rode his first jet ski! Each night we watched the sunset over Lake Michigan and it's something I'll never forget. My whole life, I've always dreamed of watching the sunset over water with that "someone special" sitting with me...well, my dream came true up in Michigan. It couldn't have been more perfect. I have no doubts that Jay is my soul mate, but with everyday life as busy as it is, sometimes I think we take each other for granted and forget about those special feelings in the beginning of our relationship...well, Jay & I got all those feelings back, sitting on the beach at sunset in each other's arms. And watching her & Liam play in the sand together, it just made my heart melt. It also put into perspective how very lucky I am. So many of my TTC friends are still longing to be a mother, and even though I have Liam, wanting another child so badly has made me forget about the wonderful gift I already have right here with me. I know if it's His plan, God will bless us with another child when the time is right. It's just waiting that's so hard.




As for the TTC front, we are still on a break. Taking this vacation was a decision we made together...put TTC on the backburner once again or forget the vacation and do another cycle. We both agreed that we needed to get away. Glad we did! I'm not sure yet when we'll get to do our next cycle. We were shooting for Aug or Sept, which would be in roughly a week or 5 weeks! I'm hoping September. Just glancing at the calender, IF we did get to do a cycle in September, we would be testing right around my birthday!!!! Whoa, wouldn't that be the BEST birthday ever??? :) Could I get that lucky???




That's about all that's been going on for us lately. Liam is getting all geared up to start first grade in about 2 weeks. He's excited, but nervous too. He has done so great over the summer reading. He reads signs everywhere we go, labels, anything!! It's so exciting!! He just lost his second tooth Tuesday. :) So the Tooth Fairy made a pit stop by our house that night. ;)




I hope everyone is enjoying the summer and having fun with family & friends. Like most of the country, we've had some very excessive heat and I'm not liking it AT ALL! I'm a winter girl myself, and am soooooo looking forward to Fall and Winter. You won't hear me complain when it's 10* with 8" of snow!! I'm adding just a few of our pictures from our trip to Michigan and also a link to our new myspace page for everyone to check out. Thanks for reading and for being patient on the update. I love hearing from all of you and appreciate your friendship more than you can imagine!!!








2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I love the pic's..they are awesome! Lake Michigan is beautiful! I love it up there....

Glad you had a nice time and I look forward to seeing you on here! Good luck in TTC!!!!

S AND C said...

Great family pics!
Good luck with TTC!